Saturday, September 17, 2011

LED 5x7 Matrix

So, after getting my PICKIT all set up I decided to put together a small 5x7 Display.   The LED matrix is from an banner board I found in the trash,  with all of the original traces dremaled out and my own wires connected. Was alot of work considering I could get a new one prewired for like $2.00 online, but I didn't know that at the time. Its controlled by the PIC16F887 which is overkill for sure but its the only chip I have right now.
Schematic for display.  Or just buy one.                    
                                        
The display does a couple simple patterns then displays the message "PARTY!" Both columns and rows are activated by a low (0V) signal using PNP transistors. I have the code and schematic but I can't find my memory stick right now so I'll have to upload it later.

Here is a youtube video I put together for it. 

4 comments:

  1. Do you have the source code?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Diego ever post the codes and schematic??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi , I want to make a led matrice for me at home, and I want to know how I can make the source code, can you send me the code by email? thankyou andrei_buzdu@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you please post the schematic and code if possible?thx

    ReplyDelete